Saturday, August 2, 2014

Mark Sherry – A Star Within A Star (The Remixes) [High Contrast Recordings]

Photo: High Contrast Recordings


Sometimes strange things happen in life: Last week while searching for some orchestral movie soundtracks on Spotify, I stumbled upon John Murphy’s “Adagio In D Minor” taken from the movie “Sunshine”. Not only was I reminded of this atmospheric piece of music, I also remembered Mark Sherry’s fabulous remake from 2008 titled “A Star Within A Star”. And I thought to myself: Wouldn’t it be great to have new remixes of that track? Yes, indeed!
The next day, I was browsing through the new trance releases on Beatport and couldn’t believe my eyes – there it was: “A Star Within A Star (The Remixes)” remixed by no other than Alex M.O.R.P.H., James Dymond and Adam Ellis. And it met all my expectations. That track still is breathtaking and goosebumps-evoking (if that term exists), but it sounds bigger than ever before. My favorite of the three remixes is the one by James Dymond with its piercing lead sound which just blows you away. Great record!
6 / 6


No comments:

Post a Comment